Today, I’m interviewing Dr. Doug Bibus. He’s my go-to guy for questions about Omega 3, Omega 6, or fish oil testing. In this episode, we talk all about essential fats, as well as some new science on possibly reducing the risk of COVID. We met at the ISSN conference a decade ago, and I’ve been using his omega 3 test with my online clients ever since. Listen to the end for a special offer.
- Dr Doug Bibus introduction and background
- A brief primer of essential fats
- Mortality and fish oil
- Recommended amounts for health benefits
- Sport supplementation
- COVID, clinical trials, inflammation, and fish oil
- DHA and arachidonic acid in membranes and athletes (and sled dogs)
- Cold exposure can help convert more DHA
- Hibernating animals
- Can you get too much EPA and DHA?
- Farm-raised salmon EPA and DHA quite low?
- 2-3g DHA and EPA science-backed recommendation
- Omega 3 blood testing (omega3test.com)
- Find Dr. Bilbus at lipidlab.com and omega3test.com
Go to omega3test.com for a special offer – limited time only. Type code FLEXDIET.
The Flex Diet Podcast is brought to you by the Flex Diet Certification. Go to flexdiet.com for 8 interventions on nutrition and recovery. Join the waitlist, which puts you on the daily newsletter, and you’ll be the first to be notified when the certification opens again.