My good buddy, Dr. Anthony Gustin interviews me on his podcast. I’m super honored!
In his words . . .
“Join me as I sit down with Dr. Nelson to take a deep dive into metabolic flexibility, switching between fat and carbs, his experiments on nutrition and physiology, and much more.
In this episode, we go over:
- What metabolic flexibility is and why it’s important
- How to choose the right fuel for your body according to your workout goals
- Why relying solely on carbs or fats is a bad idea
- When you should and shouldn’t do keto
- What happens when you overload on carbs after being on ketosis for a long time
- How ketones help the brain
- The best alternative fuels for the brain after a brain injury
- Dr. Nelson’s experiments with glucose levels on patients and himself
- Why it’s important to measure your blood sugar
- What happens to your blood glucose when you eat Pop-Tarts and ice cream
- Intermittent fasting
- What heart rate variability (HRV) is and why you should measure it
- Dr. Nelson’s advice for lowering stress and sleeping better”
Listen in for an awesome discussion.