Dr Eric Helms and I talk about setting up your training for maximal gainZ on the podcast today!
We chat about how to set up training around goals, periodization and start off with our adventures getting home from Costa Rica as airports and borders started shutting down.
In addition, I cover:
- Getting creative with at-home work and program writing.
- How limitations can spur creativity
- Removing complexity from programming – keep it simple
- Where periodization makes the most sense
- Principles for programming design
Check it out below and let me know how you start training for maximal gainZ!
PS – To learn more about a complete system for nutrition and recovery to enhance performance body composition, check out the Flex Diet Cert at www.flexdiet.com.
Mike T Nelson CISSN, CSCS, MSME, PhD
Adjunct Faculty, Carrick Institute
Owner, Extreme Human Performance, LLC
Editorial Board Member, STRONG Fitness Mag