Dr. Mike and Dr. Sara Campbell take an in-depth look at gut health and exercise. Topics include everything from the microbiome, nutrition, what foods may be useful – what foods to avoid. Also, how the gut is related to all sorts of things – including insulin sensitivity and body composition.
- How bugs change in response to exercise and how exercise can change gut bugs.
- Reduction in microbiota can cause exercise to suffer in mice – discussion of recent studies
- How can humans test themselves based on the mouse study
- How microbes adapt to training stimulus*
- How long does it take microbiota to change and keep that change from reverting to baseline
- Gut bugs and inulin in type 2 diabetics.
- Classification of microbes
- Where more research is needed in regards to resistance training and HIIT
- Top two things people should be doing and one thing most people are probably not doing that they should
- How you go about data collection in a lab
Flex Diet Podcast: S2 Ep 9 Gut Health and Exercise: Interview with Dr. Sara Campbell
Or watch on YouTube:
P.S. Catch up on any missed Flex Diet Podcasts!