Recently, Ashleigh VanHouten interviewed me for Paleo Magazine Radio, and we chatted about fitness beyond exercise.
In it, we discussed:
- An introduction the NEAT concept and its difference from regulated exercise.
- The non-linear nature of exercise’s efficacy and pushing our boundaries.
- Increasing strength versus maintaining fitness.
- The centrality of sleep and stress relief in any fitness pursuit.
- Metabolic flexibility and how and why to use it.
- Weighing the benefits of different diets for different goals.
- Using carbs and fasting to increase your ability to deal with each end of the spectrum.
- The possibility of permanently damaging your metabolism through extreme measures.
- Taking the longer and slower road to where you want to be.
- And much more!