Iodine for Thyroid
This week we’re talking about some micronutrients that you want to potentially watch out for, and today is all about iodine for thyroid. They can be more toxic or at least carry with them an increased risk if you’re going crazy on them. Anytime you mention thyroid, a lot of people are utterly convinced that they have a thyroid problem because they can’t lose weight.
Now, that’s probably not true, although definitely can happen. The thyroid is related to that. What I’ve seen in general, excluding any type of pathologies, is that the thyroid is often just responding to what you’re doing. So, if you’re dramatically slashing your calories overnight, it would make sense that your thyroid function would go down, right? And so we’re not going to do a whole in-depth talk about the thyroid, which maybe you’re happy about or maybe you’re disappointed. So, let me know your thoughts on that. We can talk more about that in the future. But today’s topic is a micronutrient related to the thyroid… iodine.
Visit www.flexdiet.com. Finally, understand nutrition on a whole new level. The Flex Diet Certification only opens 4x a year. Get on the waitlist to get notified for the next class.
- Matthews E. Acute Kidney Injury and Iodinated Contrast Media. Radiol Technol. 2018;89(5):467CT-77CT.
- Leung AM, Braverman LE. Consequences of excess iodine. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2014;10(3):136-42.
- Koukkou EG, Roupas ND, Markou KB. Effect of excess iodine intake on thyroid on human health. Minerva Med. 2017;108(2):136-46.
- Patrick L. Iodine: deficiency and therapeutic considerations. Altern Med Rev. 2008;13(2):116-27.
- Guastamacchia E, Giagulli VA, Licchelli B, Triggiani V. Selenium and Iodine in Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets. 2015;15(4):288-92.
- Markou K, Georgopoulos N, Kyriazopoulou V, Vagenakis AG. Iodine-Induced hypothyroidism. Thyroid. 2001;11(5):501-10.
- Zbigniew S. Role of Iodine in Metabolism. Recent Pat Endocr Metab Immune Drug Discov. 2017;10(2):123-6.